The Friends of St Paul’s

Properly known as The Friends of St Paul’s School Winchmore Hill, this association was first formed when a decision was made in 1958 to move the school from Church Hill to Ringwood Way.  The association is made up of the governors and staff of the school, parents of pupils and members of St Paul’s Church, Winchmore Hill.  The organisation is a registered charity, the main purpose of which is to raise funds for the school.  All parents automatically become members and are eligible each year for election onto a lively and energetic committee which plans the programme for the year ahead.  There is always a full and interesting schedule of events and activities including a summer fete, a Christmas fayre, quiz nights, dinners, dances, comedy nights, barbecues and a biennual pantomime.  For the pupils, the Friends have arranged discos, cinema afternoons and street dance sessions.

The Friends work very closely with the head teacher and staff, and with the governing body, in ensuring that the money which they raise is used to best effect in meeting the needs of the school and furthering the education of its pupils.  They have committed themselves to making a contribution towards the funding of the governors’ building projects. They fund a lunchtime sports coach, pay for all children in Year 4 to learn an orchestral instrument for a year and recently have provided the money to refurbish and re-stock the library, purchase resources for the new National Curriculum and pay for a multicultural arts week.

The staff and governors are always grateful to the Friends for their support, commitment, drive and enthusiasm which enables many additional facilities to be provided for pupils.