Mr A. Cummins, Class Teacher, 4C
Mrs J. French, Class Teacher, 4F
TAs/LSAs: Mrs. L. Aspland, Ms T. Collins, Mrs A. Patros, Mrs C. Raymen
020 8 360 3137
During the year it would be helpful if you could support your child in a number of ways as listed below:
• To continue to read with your child, and comment on their fluency and understanding in the reading record, in order to ensure good understanding and correct pronunciation of new vocabulary. Three entries per week including the answer to a question set by the class teacher. Set Monday for completion by the following Monday.
• Spellings will be set on Monday for a test the following Monday. In addition, three words will be chosen for the child to look up in a dictionary and the definition recorded in the back of the reading record along with a complex sentence showing the ability to use the word in context.
• To learn times tables which need to be known at speed and in random order including related division facts and will be tested every Friday.
• An additional piece of homework will usually be given on a Friday for completion by the following Wednesday which is designed to consolidate learning in class.
• Please help your child develop their independence and take a more responsible approach to their learning by helping them to use their planner effectively.
• Please ensure all homework is completed on time and to a high standard including presentation of work, neat joined handwriting and correct spelling and sign the planner for a Monday confirming that you have checked that this is the case.
If you have printer problems or need to send in a presentation then please email your homework to the appropriate email address below.
Kit should be in school at all times and will come home every Friday to be washed. Earrings should be removed or covered with tape.
Please aim to send in your child’s flute on a Thursday in preparation for Friday’s lesson and also support us by encouraging them to pratise in order to make the most of this great opportunity to learn an instrument.
We shall be visiting the V&A Museum in connection with our work on Islamic patterns as well as the mosque in Palmers Green.
We will visit West Stow Anglo Saxon village as part of our study of Anglo Saxons and Vikings.
How can you help?
Please send in a box of tissues every term and provide your child with a glue stick, replacing it as necessary.
Please also provide a blue handwriting pen – Uniball, Eye Fine 0.7mm roller ball pen (UB-157) and a set of gel pens.
Click on the links below