Miss L Wicks, Class Teacher, 4W
Miss J Simou,Class Teacher, 4S
TAs/LSAs: Mrs L Aspland, Mrs A Patros, Mrs H Dempsey, Miss J Rich
020 8360 3137
Year 4 Homework
• We are keen to encourage the reading of quality texts for pleasure and a two-way communication between teachers and parents about reading taking place both at home and in school. Your children will be bringing home their reading record for this dialogue to be at its most effective. We would like you to respond to your child’s reading at home by writing at least one comment in the reading record each week. This will be an important approach to reconnecting the children with their reading and in developing their vocabulary. We will require the children to bring their reading book and reading record book into school each day. Please encourage your child to read aloud at least once each week, to an adult, and provide opportunities to discuss the book with them making use of the question prompts in the front of their reading record.
• Spellings will be set on Monday for a test the following Monday.
• The times tables facts need to be known at speed, in random order and will be tested every Monday. If possible please download the ‘Hit the Button’ app for children to practise times tables and number bonds. In addition to this, children should make regular use of Times Tables Rockstars, at least four times a week.
• An additional piece of homework will usually be given on a Friday for completion by the following Wednesday which is designed to consolidate learning in class.
• Please help your child develop their independence and take a more responsible approach to their learning by helping them to use their planner effectively.
• Please ensure all homework is completed on time and to a high standard including presentation of work, neat joined handwriting and correct spelling and sign the planner for a Monday confirming that you have checked that this is the case.
If you have printer problems or need to send in a presentation then please email your homework to the appropriate email address below.
• Kit should be in school at all times and will come home every Friday to be washed. Earrings should be removed or covered with tape.
How can you help?
Please send in a box of tissues every term and provide your child with a glue stick, replacing it as necessary.
Please also provide a blue handwriting pen – Uniball, Eye Fine 0.7mm roller ball pen (UB-157) and a set of gel pens/colouring pencils.
Click on the links below