Miss L Wicks, Class Teacher, 4W
Miss J Simou,Class Teacher, 4S
TAs/LSAs: Mrs L Aspland, Mrs A Patros, Mrs H Dempsey, Miss J Rich
020 8360 3137
During the year it would be helpful if you could support your child in a number of ways as listed below:
• To continue to read with your child, and comment on their fluency and understanding in the reading record, in order to ensure good understanding and correct pronunciation of new vocabulary. Two entries per week including the answer to a question set by the class teacher. Set Monday for completion by the following Monday.
• Spellings will be set on Monday for a test the following Monday. In addition, the child will choose three of their spelling words to use in a sentence with a conjunction (because, so, when, if, that etc.) in he back of the reading record showing the ability to use the word in context.
• To learn times tables which need to be known at speed and in random order including related division facts and will be tested every Monday. If possible please download ‘Hit the Button’ app for children to practise times tables and number bonds. In addition to this, children should make regular use of Times Tables Rockstars, at least four times a week, in preparation for the National Multiplication Tables check in the Summer Term.
• An additional piece of homework will usually be given on a Friday for completion by the following Wednesday which is designed to consolidate learning in class.
• Please help your child develop their independence and take a more responsible approach to their learning by helping them to use their planner effectively.
• Please ensure all homework is completed on time and to a high standard including presentation of work, neat joined handwriting and correct spelling and sign the planner for a Monday confirming that you have checked that this is the case.
If you have printer problems or need to send in a presentation then please email your homework to the appropriate email address below.
Kit should be in school at all times and will come home every Friday to be washed. Earrings should be removed or covered with tape.
There will be no school visits in the Autumn Term. We hope to explore the possibility of trips later in the year, however this will be dependent on the Covid-19 situation.
How can you help?
Please send in a box of tissues every term and provide your child with a glue stick, replacing it as necessary.
Please also provide a blue handwriting pen – Uniball, Eye Fine 0.7mm roller ball pen (UB-157) and a set of gel pens/colouring pencils.
Click on the links below